Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Blood Drive, Pt II: Follow-Up Call

I got a call today from the Central Blood Bank. Apparently I had filled out the questionnaire incorrectly. To be polite, I'll sum up the questionnaire as such: three sections which ask about your personal life. The first section is about traveling, and the second section, while mostly about illegal substances, also asks about prescriptions and allergies. To both of these sections I paid close attention. The last section is about behavior that's appropriate only for married persons (although even then a lot of it isn't appropriate), and as I'm not married, I rushed through it and filled out "no" for all of them.

Apparently for one section I filled out "no" when the question was "are you a female that has been with a male that ... [let's just say 'Massachusetts']," in addition to filling in the "M for Male" circle. I guess the blood bank needed to ensure that 1) I was paying attention when answering the questions and 2) am not a hermaphrodite. After a few minutes trying to explain myself I just told the woman basically that I live a chaste life and save certain things for marriage, for which she congratulated me. It felt good to get praise for my lifestyle, albeit in a very awkward way.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Your blood pictures are yucky

laura said...

I love this picture. It hurts just to look at it. "A pulse is found..."